AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use a little help on ideas on a compact (can be long, but not over 7in tall/ 5in depth...

I am currently running a Definitive /Tech Pro Center 1000 and I want a little more oomph.. I just bought a pair of BIC PL-89 floor speakers and a new PSA XV15se sub.. I would like to upgrade to better center ch to compliment the BIC's and not be drowned out. I was looking at the Paradigm Pro Center 400 or Def Tech Pro center 2000 or Mythos 7/9... Id like to stay under $700 if possible...

The reason I need a compact or at least one without alot of depth/height is because its wall mounted under my 70" Aquos and there is about 7-8in of room before some stone is directly blow the speaker so Im limited on size....width isnt an issue..I just want some good sound to keep up with the others..Any help is greatly appreciated!:)

My 7.1 setup
Denon X4100 avr
BIC Pl89 floor speakers
Klipsch RS52 surrounds
Klipsch RS52 Rear
Def Tech Pro Cimnema 1000 Center
PSA XV15SE Sub

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm sure you know ideally you want them to be timbre matched, but the BIC PL 28 that matches your towers is 10" tall. Looks like there are lesser BIC center channels that are 6.5" tall.

I would try to find a way to make the PL 28 work instead of compromising.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks for the input, I will take a look at the BIC lineup...hopefully they have a solution that will work .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts