AVS Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Come on dude, can't leave yourself wide open like this. And FWIW I can keep up the hand motion long enough to get the job done, even if the amplitude may vary. lol
Congratulations. One of the few times I didn't have at least one foot in the gutter... I suppose that depending on the application, the duration may require some qualification for extension.

We will always have this special moment. I wish that my Huggy Buddy, Noah, was somehow in on it. That would be perfection. :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
For anyone that is/was following this just wanted to provide an update:

I finally convinced my wife to let me get two of the Harbottle 24UHT drivers as part of the group buy here on AVS!

Cody at @HarbottleAudio was super helpful and patient as I figured my way through sending the the money via wire for the first time in my life and answering any questions/concerns I had along the way. We had a couple of long and interesting discussions about these drivers and just audio in general. He's a great guy and I believe Harbottle is a great company. His mindset and their goals as a company really align with my values as a consumer and I am so glad to have been able to be apart of the group buy and support Harbottle. Once I get the two 24's and get them all set up I doubt I'll need any more bass but if I do in the future, I'm going to go through Harbottle.

I'm now trying to get ahold of two of the 10 cuft sealed boxes from DIYSG but Erich hasn't heard back from the cabinet maker yet so just waiting on that and then finalizing my amp purchase. I'll make sure to update again if anyone is curious how things go.

·
Registered
19,783 Posts
Just cut 4 circles with holes in them and attach to the two ends of a sonotube as long as needed. The bass would be fantastic! Add pillows.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Most music and movies don't have a mathematically clean sinewave worth of infrasonics, because it sounds highly artificial for any length of time beyond a few hundred milliseconds when they do that.
The 6hz tones from BassIloveU are very brief, more like bursts or puffs than a pure REW sinewave generator, as are most basshead music/movies. There are a few exceptions like BassCannon or EOT Intro which are mixed/distorted sinewaves, almost pure, but not really...

At 6 Hz, you can move your hand back and forth 6 inches at that frequency, but you probably can't keep it up that long. At least, I can't.
Instructions unclear!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Amp has now been acquired! I'm not the proud owner of a SpeakerPower SP2-8000HT, purchased from a fellow AVS member last week. The last piece is the subwoofer enclosures, and for those, I've decided to go ahead and purchase them directly from Harbottle Audio as well. They are sealed enclosures. Here are the specs:

For anyone that is in need of enclosures! We now have a M24!
26 wide, 20 deep, 36 tall.
Raw baltic
Mitered construction
Passive
Well braced
Speakon Connection (cab and cable)
Feet
Screws for feet
Polyfil lined
Sanded and prepped for finishing
Adhesive 2x2 inch badge
Nathan and I have worked the design into super tight tolerances on the joints which has increased the joint stiffness by a big margin. This will allow a round-over on the corner up to 5/8 inch max to be done at your own discretion.
I've just got to get the payment wired over to Harbottle sometime within the next few days and then we're all set...

81 - 87 of 87 Posts