AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon while listening to Christmas music through my whole house system, everything became quiet. Thinking it might be my Sony receiver, I attached a second receiver to my Jamo JSS4-TS Speaker Selector. Still no sound throughout the house. I then attached my Sony receiver to some other speakers and still no sound. So, it looks like I may have lost both my Sony receiver and Jamo Speaker Selector.

My question is, what is a good Speaker Selector I should look at to replace the Jamo (this is the second one to go out). I have six rooms with in-ceiling speakers I need to drive. I'm looking for a single-source system.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
190 Posts
The ATONs are nice because the digitally manage the power. For instance, if only 3 out of 6 rooms are powered on, each room will have twice as much power to play with. A conventional speaker selector is not capable of doing this. They also allow individual volume control in each zone. Lastly they have great automation features with IR routing, or just the ability to control global/zone volume from remote.

Also make sure your receiver is up to the task. 6 pairs of speakers would normally take a high-current receiver. Integra DTM 5.9, Denon, rotel etc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.