AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just looking for a media player. Here's what I'm looking for, and hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction:

1-Box solution (no external hard drive)

Network streaming OR ability to copy files to the box from my computer over

ethernet (wifi not required)

250gb-500gb storage

ability to play most common formats, mkv 264, divx, etc.

price?

The bd590 is my current choice but is kind of expensive for me. Also I'm concerned about format compatibility.

Would I be better off getting a media player?

Any media players that can do this better than the bd590 for less money?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by transfan /forum/post/19631750

Hey, just looking for a media player. Here's what I'm looking for, and hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction:

1-Box solution (no external hard drive)

Network streaming OR ability to copy files to the box from my computer over

ethernet (wifi not required)

250gb-500gb storage

ability to play most common formats, mkv 264, divx, etc.

price?

The bd590 is my current choice but is kind of expensive for me. Also I'm concerned about format compatibility.

Would I be better off getting a media player?

Any media players that can do this better than the bd590 for less money?

Is Netflix an issue? Do you want an internal hard drive? If Netflix is not an issue and you want a media player with internal hard drive capability that will play virtually everything then you should have a look at the PCH-A210. It's about $200 and can take an internal 2.5" or 3.5" drive. There are many other media players, but that one is fanless ( quiet) and has great community support. The WD players are very good as well, but they wouldn't be my choice. On the other hand they have Netflix. They have a model with an internal hard drive called the WDTV Live Hub or something like that.

Other than requiring online content such as Netflix or Hulu, the A210 may very be the best general media player out there.

philip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts