AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone here,

I landed here with hope to get answer for a (hope so) simple question.

I had my InFocus 81 for years and I love it, but doesn't fit my new apartment anymore and I need a replacement.

I've been looking for some new PJ for a while but I noticed there is a jungle of products these days and I'm absolutely blank and have no idea what to choose. My budget is also not so huge. I can spend max. 1.5 t $.

So question is, are those new PJ'S like OPTOMA UHD 30/42 or BENQ TK800M any better than my old IN81 with TS DARKCHIP in picture quality? I know those has 3D, HDR but how about general picture quality? Will I get any improvement or still need to spend 3 t. $ or so to get any?

I wish You all the best guys and appreciate all Your advice and comments (and sorry for my bad English 馃檪)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? Please advise. Sholud I throw my in81 out? Will any around 1000$ projector replace it a good way? Please give me a hand 馃檹

Registered
I think something like the BenQ HT3550 or the Epson HC3800 would be a fine replacement, at around $1,500. They have 4K resolution, will be brighter, and have better blacks thanks to the dynamic iris. And they鈥檙e HDR friendly. There鈥檚 a few active threads discussing these and a few others right now. Do some reading to see actual owners opinions. Dropping down to $1,000 would not be worth it, in my opinion.

Registered
That Infocus was a very long throw pj. I suspect you need a shorter throw? For example, for a 120" 16:9 image, the Infocus needs about 18.5' minimum. The Epson 13'+, the BenQ 11'+. Of course, confirm that any pj will work in your room before buying.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You said it doesn't fit your new place. What size image do you want and what is the throw length you need?
Thank You for asking.
I have 92" matt gray screen and 3.7 m distance form wall to wall. Seems to be for arroud min. halv meter for short to achieve right picture size :/. Room is big enough but (cause compromise with wife) we're sitting crosswise of the room :(.
I believe, that if I would like to keep my IN so should go down with screen size to max. 80 inches.
Will OPTOMA UHD30/35 be a solution?
It's because I could get one of them 30-40% chipper than BENQ HT3550 or EPSON 3800.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That Infocus was a very long throw pj. I suspect you need a shorter throw? For example, for a 120" 16:9 image, the Infocus needs about 18.5' minimum. The Epson 13'+, the BenQ 11'+. Of course, confirm that any pj will work in your room before buying.
Yes. U're right. Therfore looking for replacement.
Any advice? 3.7m distance from wall to wall and 92 inches screen

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think something like the BenQ HT3550 or the Epson HC3800 would be a fine replacement, at around $1,500. They have 4K resolution, will be brighter, and have better blacks thanks to the dynamic iris. And they鈥檙e HDR friendly. There鈥檚 a few active threads discussing these and a few others right now. Do some reading to see actual owners opinions. Dropping down to $1,000 would not be worth it, in my opinion.
Thank You! How about OPTOMA UHD30/35/42?

Registered
Use a mirror with the IN81. Bud16415 can show you how it's done! It works very well, and will cost less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts