AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I have a chance to "barter" for an Epson 3000 projector. I am a consultant and did some work at the United Way over the past few weeks. There is still some work to be done but the CIO didn't have the budget to finish.

He mentioned in passing that they were upgrading their projector from an Epson 3000 to a newer model. I said I would be interested in trading him some hours for the old projector and he said he might be interested.

My question to you guys is what $$ value could be placed on the projector. I'm sure the hours are high as they have changed the bulb before. Looking at the specs on the pj indicates the bulb is only good for 800-900 hours. Is this pj even worth bartering over ??

Any thoughts appreciated.

Chris

·
Registered
660 Posts
250 ANSI lumens, native 640x480 (interpolates 800x600), 17 lbs., probably 5-7 yrs. old.

You might want to give them a few hours to throw the projector away. I'd hold out for them to promise to never mention it again. :p

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
You'd be better off asking them to buy TWO of the new upgraded projector with their United Way discount, and bartering your services for one of those.

Yeah, I'm a cheap ******* :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought it might be a little iffy but I guess it would be a waste of my time.

I was going to use it somewhere other than my planned HT. Thought it might work in the LV but with only 250 ANSI lumans...never mind !!:D

Oh well...guess nothin ventured...

Thanks again,

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.