AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am not very technical but I would like to purchase a nice TV for my new home.  After consulting with the sales person at Best Buy, I decided to purchase the  65" Samsung 2013 9000 model with 4k.  The picture looked amazing and they dropped the price to $3,999.  After making the purchase, I went on Samsung's website to learn more about this TV and noticed that the 2014 models are available in 3 weeks.  I cancelled my order and now I am completely torn on what to do.  I love the idea of the One Connect Box and it sounds like it is not included with the 2014 model unless you go with the curved model (which I don't want).

Does anyone have any advice?  Should I pre-order the HU550 and go with newer technology at the same price or purchase the 2013 9000 model with the One Connect Box.  I'm driving myself crazy.

·
Registered
216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss14  /t/1523110/advice-needed-regarding-...-weeks-for-the-65-samsung-hu550#post_24497745

I am not very technical but I would like to purchase a nice TV for my new home.  After consulting with the sales person at Best Buy, I decided to purchase the  65" Samsung 2013 9000 model with 4k.  The picture looked amazing and they dropped the price to $3,999.  After making the purchase, I went on Samsung's website to learn more about this TV and noticed that the 2014 models are available in 3 weeks.  I cancelled my order and now I am completely torn on what to do.  I love the idea of the One Connect Box and it sounds like it is not included with the 2014 model unless you go with the curved model (which I don't want).

Does anyone have any advice?  Should I pre-order the HU550 and go with newer technology at the same price or purchase the 2013 9000 model with the One Connect Box.  I'm driving myself crazy.
too be honest there won't be anything revolutionary about the 2014 model, and a think to keep in mind models usually don't have the same picture quality from year to year even premium lines, my LG lm8600 55" looks better than last year's lg's by a great margin, personally I'd get that 2013 9000 series and down the road when you want get the one connect box. Because you know that Now that model looks darn good, it is one of the top two led TV's made in 2013.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts