AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife wants a TV in the bedroom. I want 2 or 2.1 ; bc I refuse to listen to the speakers in whatever 32" TV I end up buying.

Any suggestions?

I'd like something that turns off with the TV.

And if its a 2.1 it doesn't have to hit 20hz or anything I have my living room theater for that.

I just don't want something I have to get up to power down because chances are I won't always want to

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Active or passive speakers?

Most active speakers (as well as subwoofers) go to a stand-by mode when no signal is present, no need to turn off.

If using passive speakers with a receiver, an HDMI connection will power off and on receiver when the TV is powered off and on.

Maybe a soundbar is a good choice for you?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd prefer to go passive kind of because I would have to get an amp or receiver. That's good for two reasons: 1 hyperactive one year old daughter with sticky fingers 2 cost/ wife acceptance factor

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbrunoloco /forum/post/20810530

I'd prefer to go passive kind of because I would have to get an amp or receiver. That's good for two reasons: 1 hyperactive one year old daughter with sticky fingers 2 cost/ wife acceptance factor

The speakers you linked are active. At $70, how could you go wrong?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.