AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to keep the final cost below $2500 but would be willing to push that for something that really turns me on.

I have been reviewing quite heavily:

- the new LG 240hz line (LG 55LH55)

- Samsung 52" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV** (LN52B610)

- a much cheaper but older 120hz LG (LG 47LH40).

- Sharp Aquos 46" 1080p 120Hz (LC46E77U)

- Toshiba Regza series.

My biggest concern is its ability to play gaming systems. This is what I plan to do most with it. I simply cannot stand TV's that lag at all (renders guitar hero unplayable for example). It is hard to find out before buying if the TV is going to lag badly. Now mostly I use PS2, PS3, Xbox360, Wii. In some cases I even hook up my old NES.

It would be awesome if someone could offer me some advice based on my rough $2500 budget.

Future shop is the only place I am really close enough to so it is where I will be buying from.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone have any advice on the models I listed particularly on how gaming on them is. I can only buy what the local stores (futureshop, walmart) are shoveling, looking for older models is not an option as I refuse to have the TV shipped to me.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by halsafar /forum/post/17021216

I was hoping to keep the final cost below $2500 but would be willing to push that for something that really turns me on.

I have been reviewing quite heavily:

- the new LG 240hz line (LG 55LH55)

- Samsung 52" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV** (LN52B610)
- a much cheaper but older 120hz LG (LG 47LH40).

- Sharp Aquos 46" 1080p 120Hz (LC46E77U)

- Toshiba Regza series.

My biggest concern is its ability to play gaming systems. This is what I plan to do most with it. I simply cannot stand TV's that lag at all (renders guitar hero unplayable for example). It is hard to find out before buying if the TV is going to lag badly. Now mostly I use PS2, PS3, Xbox360, Wii. In some cases I even hook up my old NES.

It would be awesome if someone could offer me some advice based on my rough $2500 budget.

Future shop is the only place I am really close enough to so it is where I will be buying from.

The LG 47LH40 may be cheaper, but it's certainly not older since it's a 2009 model.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That LG 47LH40 was much more in the true price range I wanted. I believe $1699. However I cannot find any info on if it has the standard "Game mode" that a lot of TVs have to help counter act lag.

Maybe somebody just recently bought a TV they game on and love and would like to speak up?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts