AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a denon 3311ci pushing definitive technology BP6 front towers. I also have a procinema C2 center. it sounds good and blends nicely, but i'd like to get a little better. definitive technology suggests the clr 2002 with my towers.

question: would the clr 2002 sound better than the c2 i already have or would it be a waste of money to buy the clr 2002? if the answer is yes to buying the clr 2002, then let me ask this question......

would the mythos three sound better than the clr 2002 and would it sound ok with my BP6's? I used to have polk towers with a klipsch ref 52ii. They sounded good individually, but horrible together. I dont want the center to overpower the towers, i want them to blend nicely.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Generally you should match the front three speakers from the same manufacturer and speaker line. It's not surprising that your Polk/Klipsch lineup didn't work well together.

The 2002 is in the same system "line" as the BP-6, so the characteristics, the timbre of the sound will match. The 2002 and BP-6 will each have the same 5.25" drivers and 1" tweeter, of the same design and material.

Why would the center overpower the towers?

For home theater especially, the center has more work to do than the front right and left, so if any speaker should be capable, it's the center (and the sub, of course).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.