AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have a room that is 14'-4" x 17'-2"  Ceiling is 10 ft.   I am thinking I could have a 100" wide screen mounted on the far wall.  I am mainly going to use it for sporting event watching and movies.  unfortunately there are windows however I plan on using room darkening curtains.  I am interested in what type of projector to get and what type of screen including model that people would recommend.  I don't have an unlimited budget but I don't want to get poor performance either.  Basically looking for a bang for the buck.  I look forward to your advice.

Thanks

Alex

·
Registered
2,188 Posts

Quote:
The Best bang for your buck is easily the BENQw1070 projector with 100 inch screen being sold at Visual Apex for $1184.00 New.

There are other good ones as well around that price range, but if he is planning on mounting it on his back wall, even if it`s on the 14` wall, at max zoom, the image will still be over 130 inches:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/BenQ-W1070-projection-calculator-pro.htm

If it needs to be installed on the back wall like that, I`d suggest an LCD projector (although I am preferential to DLP) like the Epson 3020:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Epson-PowerLite_Home_Cinema_3020-projection-calculator-pro.htm

As for screen, look into DIY screens using the Seymour AV Centrestage XD or new UF material. It`s not hard, especially after reading the forums here and gleaning some knowledge. I built my own and saved a ton of cash which I could then spend on other home theater goodies.

·
Registered
32,860 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Wohlhueter  /t/1522599/advice-on-a-new-projection-screen-and-projector-mounted-on-the-ceiling#post_24484250

I have a room that is 14'-4" x 17'-2"  Ceiling is 10 ft.   I am thinking I could have a 100" wide screen mounted on the far wall.  I am mainly going to use it for sporting event watching and movies.  unfortunately there are windows however I plan on using room darkening curtains.  I am interested in what type of projector to get and what type of screen including model that people would recommend.  I don't have an unlimited budget but I don't want to get poor performance either.  Basically looking for a bang for the buck.  I look forward to your advice.

Thanks

Alex

Look at the Sony B-stocks we have available.

Sony VWPro1 or Sony HW15. Call us for pricing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts