AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for advice on a subwoofer for my new surround sound system. Trying to find something that will produce deep, yet accurate bass. My room is 11.5ft x 15.5ft x 8ft. I am using an Onkyo TXSR705 (100 watts per channel), KEF IQ9's as my fronts, KEF IQ7's as my rears, and an IQ6C as my center speaker. I will be using these for 60% Movies, 20% TV and 20% Music.

I am looking at the Velodyne DLS4000R, the SVS PB12-NSD or a KEF PSW3500.

I have read good things about the SVS and HSU subs but have never heard one in person. I'd like to stay around the 400-700 range for the subwoofer. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I suggest PB12-NSD. Particularly newer version seems to be great. Haven't heard much about your other options. In your room PB12 will be pretty good.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmtuscani /forum/post/13004128

I am looking for advice on a subwoofer for my new surround sound system. Trying to find something that will produce deep, yet accurate bass. My room is 11.5ft x 15.5ft x 8ft. I am using an Onkyo TXSR705 (100 watts per channel), KEF IQ9's as my fronts, KEF IQ7's as my rears, and an IQ6C as my center speaker. I will be using these for 60% Movies, 20% TV and 20% Music.

I am looking at the Velodyne DLS4000R, the SVS PB12-NSD or a KEF PSW3500.

I have read good things about the SVS and HSU subs but have never heard one in person. I'd like to stay around the 400-700 range for the subwoofer. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

This is the little beauty that I would go for, Velodyne SPL-800R its one you dont "hear" but experience!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pdadi and RapalloAV,

Thank you both for the replies. I will look at both of those subs and hopefully will be able to get one asap.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmtuscani /forum/post/13008061

pdadi and RapalloAV,

Thank you both for the replies. I will look at both of those subs and hopefully will be able to get one asap.

I like the Velodyne as it has a mic to EQ it and a remote. You can then set it up correctly with the mic, as often most people turn them up way too high!

·
Registered
448 Posts
IME the sub is the most important part of a HT system. And most people do not spend what they should on that component nor get enough sub to play decent high dynamic movie bass, let alone reference level.

I would recommend increasing your budget.

SVS and other ID sub makers have great stuff. My recommendation for SVS would be PB12+, or PB13 ultra. Maybe a dual SB12+ would work. They should sound great for music, and in that room be enough for HT.

Good luck.

kw.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts