AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the opportunity to pick up a 8100 for under $1K that was used for less than an hour. The guy recieved it as a gift and said he has no use for it. My dilemma..... the guy does not have a reciept for it. Will I have any issues with warranty since I am not the original owner and would have no proof of purchase? I am nervous buying used but I may be getting this thing for $600-$800. I'm waiting for him to give the the S# so I can call epson but I figure someone here can give me advice. Should I jump on this deal??? Are there any other concerns I should have?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I think Epson will require a receipt from an authorized Epson dealer for any service under warranty. They may service your unit, but you'll be paying for it.

On the bright side, if were you, I'd be all over it for that price, regardless of the lack of warranty coverage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/18169201

No reciept, no way to prove when it was bought. No warranty

I am going to call Epson once I get the serial number off the seller and see if they can tell when it was purchased. Another scary thing, I have to get the projector shipped and cant inspect it in person.

Anyone from the Glendale/Phoenix area able to help me out and check this thing out?

·
Registered
107 Posts
From the way your are describing this "deal" this guy isn't your friend. Just remember that when a deal sounds too good to be true it usually is. Good luck and if everything is on the up and up that is a great price for a great PJ.

·
Vendor
32,834 Posts
^^^ Any person I consider a friend, I would not even ask what condition it is in as I am sure I would be told without asking. By the way > and you can find out how to get one of these units for a sick deal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your right, the guy is not my friend. I do not know him at all besides talking to him on the phone a couple times. I may offer him $600 and just fly out and get it. I will have $900 in it considering my flight so I would say its worth it if its legit. I was sent a PM from a gentleman that may be willing to go check the projector out for me as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/18171959

^^^ Any person I consider a friend, I would not even ask what condition it is in as I am sure I would be told without asking. By the way > and you can find out how to get one of these units for a sick deal.

Can you still get the rebate buying it through bing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I just bought a used one in Philly that has less than 10hrs on it. Still shows "0" on the hour meter. I am probably going to regret not buying the one that Cleveland Plasma pointed me to but we will see. Mine will be here in 3 days so I am hoping my next post will be a positive one.

BTW- If you do the bing search and buy the one on ebay with cash back, its showing 8% cashback now. Still its the cheapest I have seen for a new one and I have been searching forever. I feel bad for not buying new from a forum sponser but I was being cheap. Someone buy some of these things from Cleveland Plasma so I dont feel as bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts