AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there and thanks for any help you can provide. I'll make this super quick.

Budget $2000 +/- $150

I've got it narrowed down to the

Sony XBR4 40 inch LCD

Sony V3000 40 inch

Samsung LN-T4069F

Samsung LN-T4071

So basically looking at a 40 inch LCD

What TV do I go with here and why?

Thanks for any input. If you have any other TV suggestions to go with instead of these please give me your input. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
the Sony XBR and both the Samsungs have 120hz; the later are the talk of the town (AVSForum) due to their ability to 'correctly' process (now) w/o TBE (triple ball effect). The '69 has matte panel and '71 is glossy so .. depending on yr room environment, you'll have to descide if sunlight/room light will be a reflecting problem.

add: plus yr budget.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i was just in same spot....i researched for 2 months....it came down to xbr4/sammy 71f....

whatever you do, make sure you get the 120hz feature.....ITS AN INCREDIBLE TECHNOLOGY AND WONT HAVE THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF BUYERS REMORSE!

In the end i went with the Sammy 71F......GO WITH THE SAMMY!

just make sure you study and read up on build dates for latest firmware versions....i was lucky enough that the sammy they had in CC was built jan 2008 (latest firmware) no TBE and no STUTTER....

I bought it yest and im as happy as a clam!

Good luck

·
Registered
161 Posts
Oh and dont let the glossy screen on the sammy deter you......i have a double window 8 feet to the left of the tv and the only glare i see is from the beze, not the actual screen

Try not to buy from web.....buy at CC or BB, this way if you dont like it and wanna get your other choice, or someth wrong you have 30 days refund no questions aske, no restocking fee

·
Registered
129 Posts
120Hz are currently the way to go if affordable. I purchased the SAM 4671F but was unlucky enough to get the 1013.1fw. So I am not even able to use the darn feature I purchased the TV for.

·
Registered
998 Posts
After three bad sets from Samsung, I finally made the dicision to go Sony XBR4. I sure wish I had done it to begin with. Awesome set that works as advertised out of the box without countless firmware updates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts