AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start out by saying I'm on a budget, but I want to slowly upgrade my system. I need speakers to go along with my Yamaha RX-V363 5.1 receiver. I figured I would start out with a center channel speaker with somewhat of a low profile for $130.00 or under.

The existing speakers are your basic cubes that come with inexpensive home theatre setup. I will keep them probably for 6-12 more months. I have a Sony 10" sub. SA-W2500 that will stay.

The room is 15' x 15' and the set up is used for mainly movies, however I do watch a fair amount of general t.v. including some sports. Clear dialogue is important when watching movies.

Also, is the center speaker the one to start with and build around later from there?

Is there anything decent in my price range?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Make sure you don't get something discontinued so that you will be able to timbre match your LR fronts in 6-12 months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, but the TC2 is a little big for my location. I went ahead and ordered the

Polk RM8C and yes I hope they're not discontinued in that time. What do you think of these.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts