AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good center channel to use with Polk R30's as mains. I am using a Yamaha 5540 receiver with the R30's set to small (no base) and am using a powered Pinnacle 100w sub in a small room setup (10' x 10').

Is it ok to use another R30 floorstanding speaker as a center channel? Polk suggest to use a CS20 which I can get for $99 but I like the CS30 better that costs $179. Or I can get another R30 for $68. Any other good options?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got the CSi20 center speakers which is what Polk recommended with my other R30 speakers. I actually have R30s for my mains and rear surrounds. I thought about getting another R30 as my center speaker like you but I went with the CSi20 because I can mount it on top of my 65" widescreen Sony.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the csi20 do a good job? Is dialogue nice and clear? I wish I had space for rear speakers but we live in a small apartment and my wife barely let me get the R30's for the front! I am using the Yamaha's virtual surround mode which is ok for now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.