would it control well a twin 15'' sub from JBL Cinema line ? home theater use

are the mentioned powers real ?

i read the first XLS serie caused pop in speakers when turned on, off

the D serie seems to have improved the original serie

thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have 3 XLS 402D's powering my Swans. About the pop, all 3 402D's had it and all had to be sent back to crown for service. New capacitors had to be installed. Process took about 10 days. I have one 402B which did not have this problem.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi

you mean it was a deffect, the pop shouldn't happen right, with the XLS D ?

how you rate the sound ? movies, music.

thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
IMHO all XLS D series have this problem. If you buy one you'll most likely will have to get it serviced (covered in the warranty). If you turned the gains down before shut down there would be no thump. If the gains were not turned down prior to shut down you will get a large thump. As far as music sound goes it is a very clear and detailed sound with a good bottom end. Where it excells in is in the dynamics. I'm in a 25 X 15 room and my yamaha 5760 couldn't keep up at loud volumes. Very harsh & strained sound. With the Crowns I can go as loud as I want with no straining at all. Just perfectly clear.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

so it is a problem but Crown knows and fixed it. perhaps the latest production has been fixed ?

what are yr speakers ?

my idea here is the XLS802D to feed my JBL PRO 4648 and 3677 cinema speakers.

interesting the XLSD rang is thx certified and included in CROWN cinema amps (first one budget speaking). the 4648 are twin 8ohm (thus 4ohm load seen by amp) 15''.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have Swan 6.1 mains, Swan C3 center, Swan 2.1 Sur. and JBL N24 Rear sur. they do dip to 4ohm during certain frequencies. Should be no problem driving 4ohm loads. Before my Swans I had JBl S-310, S-center, S-36 sur. and the Crowns made a big diff. In clearity & dynamics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts