AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about the Niles HD-LCR speakers. But would like enclosed speakers instead.

Budget: About $300-$400 / speaker.

These LCRs will be mounted in a wall behind an AT projector screen.

Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
12,097 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain /forum/post/20851800

Was thinking about the Niles HD-LCR speakers. But would like enclosed speakers instead.

Budget: About $300-$400 / speaker.

These LCRs will be mounted in a wall behind an AT projector screen.

Any other recommendations?

I own these (they are enclosed) and highly recommend them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Definitive-T...item27b650c6ea

I actually compared them to a number of Niles in-wall speakers (including the ones you mentioned) and preferred the sound of the Deftech's. More efficient, engineered enclosure, larger woofers with passive radiators, etc. For your price range they will be hard to beat. If you want to spend more, I would look at Triad, and Atlantic Technology.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk
I own these (they are enclosed) and highly recommend them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Definitive-T...item27b650c6ea

I actually compared them to a number of Niles in-wall speakers (including the ones you mentioned) and preferred the sound of the Deftech's. More efficient, engineered enclosure, larger woofers with passive radiators, etc. For your price range they will be hard to beat. If you want to spend more, I would look at Triad, and Atlantic Technology.
I was able to get 3 IW-2550s (brand new) for a little less than these refurbished Definitive Technology speakers. I can't say how much less as I don't want to violate forum rules, but you can PM me. I don't know how much these DT speakers would cost new, but I am hoping that I have a good balance of price/performance and that it was worth saving a few bucks by getting the 2550s

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.