AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a pair of 8040ST speakers and a CS-8040SD center speaker. I liked the sound of it, but unfortunately, I found I do not have room (easily) for the 8040SD under the TV. Looking for advice on other options (less depth - have like 8") for the center speaker that would soundas good as the 8040SD did? Or should I just try to make the 8040SD work? Would be difficult.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Towers deserve a decent center speaker, if you can get the 8040SD to fit do so. With that upper facing driver you don't want to put it inside a cabinet, want free space above it. I'd mount it either above or below the screen. Perhaps with a wall mounted shelf for above, or different racking for below.

I wouldn't match up towers with a little center. My L/R are large floorstanders, my center is matching center which is 4 driver system.

I had to buy a new TV rack as my center is large, and with the center and TV on the same shelf the top of the center blocks the bottom of the screen, so I needed a rack that has a adjustable height shelf for the center, and adjustable height for the flat screen TV. Took a while but eventually found one, although the shelf is a bit wobbly worst case scenario I'd remove the struts for the shelves and buy a proper single stand for the center speaker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts