AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year several people recommended the Channel Vision CTV- 2/8 PIA. I have had two of them. They work well, but they seem to be too sensitive to static electricity for my application. Our house is located in a lightning prone area. We have lightning strike near our home almost every time that there is thunderstorm. Unfortunately, the Channel Vision gets fried. The lightning doesn't strike the antenna, but just the surge in the house current or static electricity in the air seems to be more than it can handle. Can anyone suggest another brand which will serve the same purpose but is less senstive to static electricity? The CTV 2/8 PIA has 8 taps with a 3dBmv. We really don't need much, if any gain. We just need something that will give us the 8 taps without signal loss or noise. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I think lightning can take out most anything. But I had two hits nearby last summer that killed an LNB on my satellite dish each time, and my Winegard and Channel Master preamps survived.

Maybe mast mounted preamps are designed to handle more static discharge? You could try one and use splitters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.