AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been considering getting a DVD burner and I'm looking for advice.

$300 is a lot of money. I sometimes see them on sale cheaper. Today the Fry's in Austin has a PINE 4X DVD-R/-RW drive on sale for $200 with a $20 rebate. This is a little more affordable (wish it was closer to $100).

Anyone have experience with this unit or have other advice? I have a Yamahawa 218 DVD player and www.dvdrhelp.com reports it supporting DVD-R/-RW disks. I'm also wondering about the cost of media ... what is the least expensive route in the long road as well.

My interest is in recording and burning TV shows (mostly to build a collection), not dupping movies.

Thanks,

David.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'd wait s few more months and get the Sony +- burner as it's price comes down.

I've had it for a while now, and LOVE it.

PLUS it will use BOTH flavors of blanks + & -

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you don't want to spend $300+ for the Sony, look for the Cendyne DVD-RW drive at office supply and electronics stores. That drive is actually an OEM Pioneer 4x drive. You can find it for around $140 after rebate sometimes.

Check Fatwallet anytime you need a good deal :

Click here for Fatwallet

They post there anytime a good deal like that comes up.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The only advice I can give is that -r is pioneers format and is pretty much shunned by the rest of the world. +R/+RW is a consortium of a number of companies and enjoys wider support on set top dvd burners.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.