AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, was just wondering if someone would give advice on a job for me.. i have been asked to do job for someone at a manor house that has just been renavated. there are 8 viewing point in the house with 4 cat6 and 2 coax to every point. all wiring from each room goes back to a main cupboard in which they would like everything set up. so obviously going to point in a racking system. at the moment they are just running 1 skyhd box and blueray player. what manufacturer of equipment and what exaclt ywill i need to distribute the sky and dvd picture through to every room in hd quality if poss and whats the best way of controlling them remotely from anywhere in the house..? also a rough idea of cost and where i can buy the equipment from would be great too!

thanks

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
Are you being paid for this??? You've got a long way to go on the learning curve based on your questions...

1 set-top box and 1 blu-ray distributed to 8 locations? So the whole house can only watch one programme (
I assume you're in the UK!) at a time?

Search for "matrix switch" solutions - 4 input, 8 output matrix solutions over cat5, expect ~$3-8k USD range (wide range of products, capabilities and prices)...

Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.