AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a 3.1 setup in my 10ft by 10ft bedroom and don't want to spend more than $700. I don't have a lot of room so I can't get floor speakers or huge bookshelf speakers. I am mainly going to use this system for watching movies and playing games (barely any music listening) and I am going to pair them with a denon avr-s650h or denon avr-x1500h (haven't decided yet which is better for me since they are both $300).

There aren't any places around me that carry these budget speakers to listen to and I can't buy all of them then return the ones I don't like so I need your help trying to find the best speakers for me.

I am looking for speakers that offer the most natural sound and a center that has crisp clear audio, I have hear klipsch and fluance speakers are brighter therefore not as good for movies than other brands.

Right now I am looking at these speakers (can't post links since I am new to these forums)
Miccas rb42 and matching center
Micca oOo front L/R and center
sony sscs5, do these having a matching center?
pionrrt sp-bs22 L/R and sp-C22 center

These are all in the same price range, which ones do you guys think are best for delivering loud natural sound in a small bedroom when paired with a sub.
I'll also take suggestions on other speakers in this price range that you might think are better.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Does your $700 include the AVR?

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
I want to get a 3.1 setup in my 10ft by 10ft bedroom and don't want to spend more than $700. I don't have a lot of room so I can't get floor speakers or huge bookshelf speakers. I am mainly going to use this system for watching movies and playing games (barely any music listening) and I am going to pair them with a denon avr-s650h or denon avr-x1500h (haven't decided yet which is better for me since they are both $300).

There aren't any places around me that carry these budget speakers to listen to and I can't buy all of them then return the ones I don't like so I need your help trying to find the best speakers for me.

I am looking for speakers that offer the most natural sound and a center that has crisp clear audio, I have hear klipsch and fluance speakers are brighter therefore not as good for movies than other brands.

Right now I am looking at these speakers (can't post links since I am new to these forums)

These are all in the same price range, which ones do you guys think are best for delivering loud natural sound in a small bedroom when paired with a sub.
I'll also take suggestions on other speakers in this price range that you might think are better.

Any help is appreciated.
$700, if this doesn't include the receiver, is not impossible if you're in the US, and even in Canada. I'd cross off the 4 options you listed above, with the possible exception of the Sony Core *bookshelves* (not the towers and not the center either), though.

Where are you, exactly?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Chane 1.5s and 2.4 for center puts you under budget and by all reports should serve you well.
Emotiva series with B1 and C1 gets you there too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
730 Posts
Is a sound bar an option?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$700, if this doesn't include the receiver, is not impossible if you're in the US, and even in Canada. I'd cross off the 4 options you listed above, with the possible exception of the Sony Core *bookshelves* (not the towers and not the center either), though.

Where are you, exactly?
I'm in the US, yes that budget includes the receiver. Maybe I didn't word my question correctly, I'm not looking for the best speakers, I'm looking for the best speakers in this price range for how I am going to use them and the content I am going to watch.

The receiver I am thinking of getting is the denon avr-s650h for $300, that leaves around $400 for front L/R, center and sub, those micca rb42 L/R and rb42-center are $250, then I was thinking of a dayton 12 inch sub for $150. I know this isn't the best someone could do because you can spend over $5000 on a home theater, I'm just trying to find the best speakers in this price range for my listening situation and habits.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts

Any help is appreciated.
3 NHT SuperOnes.

And the X1500H is the better choice for AVR.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
I'm in the US, yes that budget includes the receiver. Maybe I didn't word my question correctly, I'm not looking for the best speakers, I'm looking for the best speakers in this price range for how I am going to use them and the content I am going to watch.

The receiver I am thinking of getting is the denon avr-s650h for $300, that leaves around $400 for front L/R, center and sub, those micca rb42 L/R and rb42-center are $250, then I was thinking of a dayton 12 inch sub for $150. I know this isn't the best someone could do because you can spend over $5000 on a home theater, I'm just trying to find the best speakers in this price range for my listening situation and habits.
Better choice with the receiver is the Denon x1500, $300 new from Amazon.

Your front 3 speakers, I'd get this $250 package:
https://pricedrightsales.com/collections/home-audio/products/3-0-home-theater-speaker-system-bundle-center-channel-tp160c-ch-2-tower-tp160-ch

Do a forum search for DCM speakers, they have been getting very positive feedback and seem to be the best bang for the buck deal around right now.

With those towers, you'll be ok holding off on the sub for a while...I'd wait and save up for at least something in the $300-400 range, like the BIC PL200ii or RSL Speedwoofer 10S. Otherwise you'll end up spending more money in the end if you start out with a $150 sub and upgrade later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My work colleague is big fan of Micca 42x. He is a musician and says he has never heard speakers so good for such a low price. I ended up not taking his recommendation, because I needed my surround speakers in white color (for wife's approval), and I ended up getting Polk Audio OM3, and they weren't too bad either for less than $150/pair.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3 NHT SuperOnes.

And the X1500H is the better choice for AVR.
can I ask why you think the x1500H is the better choice?

Is it only because of the better room correction technology it has because it doesn't have eARC which I want so that I won't have to connect everything to the receiver and adjust picture settings every time I switch sources.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Better choice with the receiver is the Denon x1500, $300 new from Amazon.

Your front 3 speakers, I'd get this $250 package:
https://pricedrightsales.com/collections/home-audio/products/3-0-home-theater-speaker-system-bundle-center-channel-tp160c-ch-2-tower-tp160-ch

Do a forum search for DCM speakers, they have been getting very positive feedback and seem to be the best bang for the buck deal around right now.

With those towers, you'll be ok holding off on the sub for a while...I'd wait and save up for at least something in the $300-400 range, like the BIC PL200ii or RSL Speedwoofer 10S. Otherwise you'll end up spending more money in the end if you start out with a $150 sub and upgrade later.
Forgot to mention I definitely don't have the space to put towers in the bedroom, but can I ask why you think the x1500 is the better avr for a 3.1 setup?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
can I ask why you think the x1500H is the better choice?

Is it only because of the better room correction technology it has because it doesn't have eARC which I want so that I won't have to connect everything to the receiver and adjust picture settings every time I switch sources.
Mostly better room correction. eARC is only useful if your TV also supports eARC. If your TV does support that, you can get the X1600H for only $20 more here: https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrx1600h/denon-avr-x1600h-7.2-ch-x-80-watts-a/v-receiver-w/heos/1.html

·
Premium Member
31 Posts

Any help is appreciated.
How about SVS Prime Satellites? https://www.svsound.com/products/prime-satellite

PS: I agree on getting the Denon 1500 or 1600 at the price stated.

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
7,737 Posts
How about:

Pioneer SB22 speakers for $100
AVR $300
Speedwoofer 10 $400

Hold off on center channel.

This is $100 over budget. It's just not quite enough to get an AVR and good speakers and a good sub.

I think the above is the best compromise.

That or:

DCM TP-160S seaker from priced right sales on eBay. They will play lower than the pioneers, add the matching center and be under budget with the AVR. Save up until you can get the Speedwoofer sub.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-5-Bookshelf-Home-Theater-Speakers-100W-RMS-DCM-MTX-Audio-TP160S-B-2-Pack-/183941789735?hash=item2ad3c8f827

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-6-5-2-Way-Center-Channel-Home-Theater-Speaker-Stereo-Audio-MTX-MUSICA6C-/174042272304?hash=item2885ba5230

Not sure how good of a match the center is.......I kept seeing Cherry for the center:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-5-2-Way-Center-Channel-Home-Theater-Speaker-Stereo-Audio-DCM-MTX-TP160C-CH/174020666999?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item288470a677:g:hawAAOSw6ZVdcU0I&enc=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&checksum=1740206669994a079b39b87345e8a616ffad7863009a

If you want it all now, maybe the Pioneer L/R, center, and SW8 sub for $300-$350 or so.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Reactions: idknuttin

·
Registered
21,464 Posts

Any help is appreciated.
Tiny bit more than $700.

Free returns if not happy.

$175/pair for these.

https://www.jbl.com/loudspeakers/JBLA120BLKAM.html?mrkgadid=3285981485&mrkgcl=741&mrkgen=gpla&mrkgbflag=1&mrkgcat=product&utm_campaign=Con%7CGSC%7CProduct&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=Google&utm_term=412806718463_channel_online_product_type_home_audio_speakers_product_type_loudsp&product_id=JBLA120BLKAM&utm_content=Home+Audio+-+Product&&dsproductgroupid=555181066793&product_id=JBLA120BLKAM&merchid=7763506&prodctry=US&prodlang=en&channel=online&storeid={product_store_id}&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&locationid={loc_phyiscal_ms}&creative=249866156292&targetid=aud-336922771354:pla-555181066793&campaignid=1055798152&adgroupid=55829900870&kxconfid=unnmhyek8&gclid=CjwKCAiAy9jyBRA6EiwAeclQhLLnul3Y_CC3myLRlSpkL7kIrsvh7_DxMfhHlcaV3tCeNEErJOMy_hoCc1QQAvD_BwE

$210 for the center.

https://www.jbl.com/loudspeakers/STAGE+A125C.html?cgid=loudspeakers&dwvar_STAGE A125C_color=Black-USA-Current#start=1

Subwoofer; I have 2 of these in my secondary room and they hit 28hz and would be perfect for such a tiny room. $100.

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamnssw050bl/yamaha-ns-sw050-8-100-watt-powered-subwoofer-black/1.html

$250 for the Denon 650h.

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrs650h/denon-avr-s650h-5.2-ch-x-75-watts-a/v-receiver-w/heos/1.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts