AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some ideas on a good HDTV/DLP projector under $3,000 and a compatible wall mount 100" ($500-$700) screen. I want the best picture possible of course (dark blacks, etc) and I will be sitting approx 12 ft from the screen. Can someone recommend a good combo? I have checked out the Mitsubishi HC900U (DLP but not HDTV) and the Sony HS51 (HDTV/LCD but not DLP) projectors but I would like to get the best unit I can afford for a great picture.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Apparently you haven't been doing much reading. The primary candidate is the BenQ PE7700 (1280 x 720), also sold as the Toshiba TDP-MT700. It's the only one that is good and is in you price range from the AVS Forum Alliance Members (see the links at the top of every page).

I have the MT700 (bought it used from a fellow AVS member) and I sit at 11' from a 106" screen. It looks great!

For a screen, something like the Da-Lite HCCV (high contrast cinema vision) in 100" or 106" would be a good choice. I suggest you read the screens forum for suggestions. To get the best combination, you've got to do your homework. Some screens can be bought through the AVS sales team at good prices. Another choice are the Carada Screens (factory direct only - David Giles, the owner of Carada, is very helpfull - see their web site).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.