AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My home has a peaked roof in front, which is covered with lightweight concrete tiles. The back roof is a flat roof covered with a typical torch-down membrane.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to mount a mast. I think the tile roof is out, leaving the flat roof. I'm not sure about mounting a tripod and penetrating the roof with lag screws and covering with pitch pads.

Would some kind of non-penetrating roof mount be a good idea? I'm not sure something like that would stand up to the winds with a big antenna on it, even supported with guy wires.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
How high a mast are you talking about?

If it was 5 ft. or less, I might try just screwing a tripd mount to a whole piece of pressure-treated plywood, and wieghting the plywood down with concrete block.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm figuring on a 10ft mast, maybe taller, I need an antenna in the "blue" range, ie, a pretty good sized one.

My eaves are probably not an option for various reasons. Pretty much gonna need to be mountd on the flat roof section of my 1 story house. The peaked part is tile, so I'm not sure what can be done there without messing up the roof.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.