AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I was looking for some advice from some audio enthusiasts so I came on here to see if I could get some assistance. I will start by saying I currently do not have a 'high end' system, but I have loved what I have put together on a limited budget over the years. I really enjoy the home theater experience with this not so spectacular set-up. My current set up consists of the following:

Mitsubishi 57" 57733 (1080p)

Toshiba HD-A35

Yamaha RX-V396 (5.1)

Yamaha NS-777 Fronts

Sony SS CN495H Center

Polk R50 Rears

Acoustic Research S112PS Sub

I will likely be upgrading my receiver in the next couple of months, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. In the meantime I have been searching to find a good deal on the Yamaha NSC-444 Center Channel speaker to match my fronts and replace the Sony CC, and have found it for now for $89.44 @ J&R. Salesman told me I might want to consider the JBL Voice Venue Series center which is on sale for $99 and there was also a Polk CSi3-CH Center Channel in cherry for $99 as well. I am more than likely going to purchase one of these 3 but would just like to get some input as to which one might be best.

Any info /feedback / advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coonanan /forum/post/12999701

I would spend the extra cash and pick this up....

It uses the same drivers and tweeter assembly as your fronts and timbre matching the front three channels is optimal.

Pat

Thanks. That is the one I was referring to above that they have for $89.94 right now (unadvertised special). That was the one I have been wanting to buy but the salesman told me to consider the JBL and I asked about the 'timber match' and the guy said it didn't matter and that he thought the JBL was a better speaker. Rather than just taking his word for it, I just wanted to consider it, before the likely purchase of the Yamaha 444. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBock69 /forum/post/12999785

Thanks. That is the one I was referring to above that they have for $89.94 right now (unadvertised special). That was the one I have been wanting to buy but the salesman told me to consider the JBL and I asked about the 'timber match' and the guy said it didn't matter and that he thought the JBL was a better speaker. Rather than just taking his word for it, I just wanted to consider it, before the likely purchase of the Yamaha 444. Thanks for the input!

Wow...

I must still be asleep.

And yes timbre matching is very important, at least for the fronts and center.

·
Registered
30,710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBock69 /forum/post/12999785

That was the one I have been wanting to buy but the salesman told me to consider the JBL and I asked about the 'timber match' and the guy said it didn't matter and that he thought the JBL was a better speaker.

The salesman is a fool or a liar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts