AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Panny 600u that comes with a RGB PC input. I want to hook up my HTPC to it. My PC has an ATI card with DVI and RGB outputs. What should I buy? RGB to RGB cable or DVI to HDMI cable? I tried it with the RGB hookup and it looked fine, but I need to purchase a longer cable. Does anyone have experience with this?

· Registered
366 Posts
I have the same TV and I have tried both methods. Using a VGA video cable I can get the best resolution (1366x768) using PowerStrip (custom resolution application). However, I find that the Reds are overly saturated and the text is not that sharp. I tried playing with all the settings and was not pleased. I like the vido quality of the HDMI (DVI on my PC to HDMI on the TV set) but HDMI input has way too much overscan that cannot be turned off (or atleast I don't know how to).

So, I am not too happy with either of the two. If you want to watch videos, HDMI would be the way to go and if you want to do web browsing, try the VGA input.

Another thing is that HDMI will only do 1280x720 resolution and not the 1366x768. I don't know how to get the best of both worlds.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll try a VGA cable first from Monoprice....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.