AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 55st60 with a cracked screen. In my hunt for a new new tv I notice cracked plasmas all over ebay and cl--Selling all the time for a price that would help make a dent on the price of a replacement tv. Any advice on selling broken plasmas? Are there any safety concerns regarding the chemicals in the tv that I should be aware/concerned with? Even as it's sitting here I'm worried about the chemicals that may have been released. Or is it as simple as packing it up and shipping it out?

Thanks for your advice in advance!

(I just realized this May be in the wrong forum not sure how to move)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoner  /t/1522734/advice-on-selling-a-broken-plasma-tv#post_24487938

So I have a 55st60 with a cracked screen. In my hunt for a new new tv I notice cracked plasmas all over ebay and cl--Selling all the time for a price that would help make a dent on the price of a replacement tv. Any advice on selling broken plasmas? Are there any safety concerns regarding the chemicals in the tv that I should be aware/concerned with? Even as it's sitting here I'm worried about the chemicals that may have been released. Or is it as simple as packing it up and shipping it out?

Thanks for your advice in advance!

(I just realized this May be in the wrong forum not sure how to move)

take the back off the TV and sell the boards inside of the TV. throw the panel away.

you can also sell the stand

·
Registered
334 Posts
rayoner: are you going to part it out, looking for the 'A' board from a pana plasma part # TNPH0793 with a suffix of AM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts