Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm having to sell my Barco BD808. I have an interested party in Italy.

I want to be as fair and knowledgeable, up front, with this person before anything is agree to.

I found a shipper that will ship it at a reasonable price. The price includes all cost of getting the projector from the US to an airport in Italy. But I'm wondering if their are any other fees the buyer will be hit with when he goes to pick the projector up?

Is voltage an issue with this projector?

Any suggestions or tips in general?

Thank You!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by UpStreamDown
Is voltage an issue with this projector?
I don't know if this Pj has the voltage switch, but most of the time you can find it easily. In my 1030 it is on the front panel... if you find that somewhere is written 120/220, well, the voltage is not an issue ;)

As Cioci wrote, Customs are nearly 25%... you could also agree on the declared value and he could pay a bit less.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
To change the voltage to 220V is just required to "reverse" the socket connector on the AC voltage input board ( on the back.right of the pj, close to the last board - it's clearly printed 220V and 110V). All those Barcos were produced in Belgium, so... they're "natively" 220V compliant!

Romano

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your replies.

Quote:
you could also agree on the declared value and he could pay a bit less.
I wondered about this, but would their be issues raised with the amount enter as the "value" of the CRT and the recorded insurance amount?

Quote:
Just out of interest, how much was the shipping?
I received a quote from Aereonet http://www.aereonet.com for the amount of $422.30. This would include pickup from my door to an airport location in Italy. Includes all fees and insurance. Not bad.:)

Also, are their any good home theater sites / discussion boards in native Italian? I'm going to recommend this site as a source of information but I would also like to be able to suggest a site with community a little closer to his home?

Thank you!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Quote:
I wondered about this, but would their be issues raised with the amount enter as the "value" of the CRT and the recorded insurance amount?

Also, are their any good home theater sites / discussion boards in native Italian? I'm going to recommend this site as a source of information but I would also like to be able to suggest a site with community a little closer to his home?

Thank you!
You're welcome :)

I just had few records, but sometimes they just ask you what is the value of the item, you do a self-declaration and if this match with the one on the package, there's no problem... Anyway, it seems that with the kind of shipping you choose, you can't have differencies between what you enter as value and the recorded insurance.

The best place to speak about Projector in Italy is the newsgroup it.hobby.home-cinema ... not at avsforum's levels, but Rorox64 writes there too ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Quote:

Thank you!
You're welcome :)

I just had few records, sometimes they just ask you what is the value of the item, you do a self-declaration and if this match with the one on the package, there's no problem... Anyway, it seems that with the kind of shipping you choose, you can't have differencies between what you enter as value and the recorded insurance amount.

The best place to talk about Projector in Italy is the newsgroup it.hobby.home-cinema ... not at avsforum's levels, but Rorox64 writes there too ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.