AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've had to give up my man cave due to my wife and I having our first child. The wifey doesn't want me to have any speakers, but she can "deal" with small ones, so have to ditch my Andrew Jones pioneer (have 3 c21's).

Room is roughly 20x25 with an open living room/kitchen, seating distance is about 12.5 feet. The speakers have to be somewhat attractive, I'm looking at Def Tech Promonitor 1000's or Martin Logan Motion 4's. I will be using 3 bookshelves across the front to keep everything discrete as possible.

All advice is appreciated. Budget is about 200 per speaker.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, viewing habits are TV 60%, movie 30%, music 10%. If it matters they will sit on a TV console with plenty of room to breath. The Martin Logan's look very attractive and the tweeter design seems high-end, which intrigues me. And the will pushed by a budget Yamaha rv-x373.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
The motion 4s sound really nice but NEED a sub. Pretty much any of the speakers like what you have mentioned will have little to no bass. Jsut a fact of the design.

If you could step up to something a little bigger you'd get more bass.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a small 8" sub right now, I will be upgrading to HSU stf-1 later, prolly my Christmas present

·
Registered
19,787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDB30  /t/1521013/advice-on-small-bookshelf-speakers-for-living-room#post_24440126

I have a small 8" sub right now, I will be upgrading to HSU stf-1 later, prolly my Christmas present

How tall can your new speakers be?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts