AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a closeout at a nearby retailer... they are pushing their last 2 4504s out the door.

I checked today, they are currently in DEMO mode... If I were to purchase these, would they need to be activated through sonicBlue? AND can they be taken out of DEMO mode easily?

I inquired at the store, and they do not know how to "undo" demo mode, and that I would need to contact SB for support in this matter.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
What happens when you hit 382-zones? Does it let you reset to factory

defaults? Worse case, you could reimage the drive. I suspect demo mode

let's the unit operate without activation, but that does not tell you whether

someone activated the unit or not (prior to demo mode) You could write

down the ISN number and call in and ask if it is activated already.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually NONE of the numbers on the keypad would work... I was trying to input several of the "zones" codes and it wouldn't take.

Is there a remedy other than cracking the case open? I would like the warranties to be in effect for at least minimal period.

TIA

·
Registered
886 Posts
When you take it home you should be able to reset to factory default. I bought my second replay as an open box, and it was in Demo mode. Reset to factory defaults, and got my 10 day grace period. After that, activated the unit through the net.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ReplayLyndon
You get out of demo mode by doing 382 Zones and factory restore.
Thanks for the info... does this mean that it is likely that they would need to be activated by the mothership? (they are "activated" for demo purposes only.)

The reason for my Q is that they are still $299.99 and I figured that if they are already activated, that would be a good deal. But if they still require another $250... I think I could find a better deal elsewhere, eh?

Thanks!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ReplayLyndon
You get out of demo mode by doing 382 Zones and factory restore.
Everytime I see a ReplayLyndon post I feel better about the future :)

I hope it does not change to JustLyndon anytime soon!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by xstrym
does this mean that it is likely that they would need to be activated by the mothership?

The reason for my Q is that they are still $299.99 and I figured that if they are already activated, that would be a good deal. But if they still require another $250... I think I could find a better deal elsewhere, eh?

Yes, in all likelyhood they will still need the $250 activation. Not a good deal, IMHO, not at all.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Quote:
I hope it does not change to JustLyndon anytime soon!!
Probably not as much as Lyndon...... ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.