AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I'm planning to get a brand new HT system from scratch and need advice on what speakers ( brands a models ) you recommend in the price range of $2 - $3K. Sound quality is a priority for me since I have an extensive collection of classical music ( mainly for piano ), but will also listen to world, pop, and other kinds of music including vynil. The receiver I'm planning to get is the Denon AVR-3808CI. I'm thinking of a 7.1 setup with surround sound. Any thoughts on the Vienna Acoustics, Kiplish, Focal?

I want a configuration that is good for both classical and home theatre listening.

I greatly appreciate any feedback on this,

Jhon

·
Banned
873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonNYC /forum/post/15444186

Hi:

I'm planning to get a brand new HT system from scratch and need advice on what speakers ( brands a models ) you recommend in the price range of $2 - $3K. Sound quality is a priority for me since I have an extensive collection of classical music ( mainly for piano ), but will also listen to world, pop, and other kinds of music including vynil. The receiver I'm planning to get is the Denon AVR-3808CI. I'm thinking of a 7.1 setup with surround sound. Any thoughts on the Vienna Acoustics, Kiplish, Focal?

I want a configuration that is good for both classical and home theatre listening.

I greatly appreciate any feedback on this,

Jhon

Hey, instead of giving you some random opinions, the best I can do for you is point you to these two fascinating articles. They're with Kevin Voecks of Revel. I'm a fan (I've got F32's) and so I'd definitely point you towards Revel, but these two interviews really get into the meat of what makes a good speaker, so they're great general reading on getting high sound quality. See here and here .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.