AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a guy that is looking to trade me a home theater system for a watch that I am selling. I need new audio gear but I don't know a lot about this stuff so I hoped you all could help. Here is what he wants to set me up with:

Audio Design Associates 7.1 Processor/Preamp

Audio Design Associates PTM650 High Current Multi Channel Amp

3) Triad Silver LCR InRoom Satellites

2) Triad Silver OnWall Surrounds

1) Triad Silver Sub

1) Integra DVD/CD Player

Does that sound good? What should all that cost?

Thanks a lot,

Steve

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
That's good equipment. Is the amp the PTM-6150? or the PTM 850? I'm not familiar with the 650- although I would probably upgrade it to a larger amp (anything from ADA, or ATI are great).

Prices: ADA Suite 7.1 retails for $3300 (and it's processing guts are the same as the $10k Cinema Reference)

PTM-850 retails for $2650 a little interpolation puts the 650 at roughly 2300-2500

As for the speakers, I don't know Triad pricing- but I can tell you that Triad makes very high-quality products. I've heard those in a theater, and though they were very nice, neutral sounding speakers.

Hope that helps.

Dan

·
Registered
212 Posts
Are the Silver LCR's the new style or the old design? There is a huge difference b/w the 2, with the new a completely different monster. The old style had one 8" driver, while the new is a MTM with 2 6 1/2's.

As Dan said, ADA makes very high quality equipment. I would give up my B&K anyday for their processing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.