Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My current setup is the following:
Energy C-500 fronts
Energy C-C100 center
Energy C-R100 side/rear
Polk bookshelfs (don't recall model) for rear
Velodyne DLS 4000R sub
Pioneer Elite SC-71 receiver

I am contemplating upgrading the fronts and center to the Energy RC-70 and Energy RC-LCR. This would be about 700. For the money, A) is it worth it over what I have and B) is there another speaker you guys would recommend?

I just don't feel like my center is as crisp as I would like and if I am changing my center I guess I should change the fronts.. The setup is mainly for movies....listening distance 10 feet.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
What if the center isn't as "crisp" because it's placed in a cabinet? What if it's not crisp because you sit off-axis and your'e in a null?
What if it gets less intelligible at higher volumes?

These and other considerations might lead to no speaker upgrade, or a different set of speakers.

Here's a review on the RC-70 and LCR: http://www.soundandvision.com/conte...ur-rc-70-surround-speaker-system-measurements
They should be considered 6 ohm speakers, and their sensitivity is a three dB less than spec'd.

If you don't need the extension from the towers, you could use the bookshelves instead?

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
The original Energy C series was pretty decent - You may not find the RC series
that much of an upgrade.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The original Energy C series was pretty decent - You may not find the RC series
that much of an upgrade.
Thanks

that is my concern...I have heard great things about the RC70.....however I don't know what the difference over the C series

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The RC-70s are discontinued but are much higher quality than the rest of your speakers.
Well I would be upgrading the two fronts and the center channel. I do like the C-R100 rears though so not sure I would be touching them at this juncture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts