AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking on these forums for awhile now and have learned a lot from you guys. I searched but couldn't find anything. Came across a pair of used Paradigm Monitor 7 V.2 for $100 and was wondering what peoples thoughts on them are and if $100 is a good deal if I test them and they work.

Thanks in advance. This is my first post and am looking forward to hearing your expert opinions.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Yeah I think that would be a good deal, take some of your music and see if the guy will let you listen to them for a little bit. They will be better than anything you can get new for $100. The only issue is if you plan to expand in the future, you would need to hunt down a matching Paradigm center.

Reactions: cpm1017

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I think that would be a good deal, take some of your music and see if the guy will let you listen to them for a little bit. They will be better than anything you can get new for $100. The only issue is if you plan to expand in the future, you would need to hunt down a matching Paradigm center.
thanks for the advice. that's what I was thinking of doing. I was originally thinking about picking up the Andrew Jones 5 speaker set when it goes on sale but I figure for $100 it might be worth looking into these. If it's too hard to find the matching center I could always just use the speakers as 2nd zone speakers on the receiver for a different room.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have had Monitor 3v2's since they were new, they were my first pair of quality speakers. The v2 generation of the Monitor line was after Paradigm took its tweeter manufacturing in-house, switching away from Vifa but keeping the same basic design, and before they started outsourcing manufacturing to China. Both original tweeter voice coils did fail on me over the course of my ownership, but Paradigm still offers voice coil replacements for around $20/each. They are easy to replace, I did a write up here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...de-replacing-paradigm-tweeter-diaphragms.html

Subjectively I really enjoy the sound produced by my v2's. Compared to my Snells, their midrange is a little shallow, but they have a lot of tight bass and fantastic highs. They are on the bright side which is a turn-off to some but which I am a fan of since it allows rock music to pop nicely.

Anyway my vote is to check them out and bring $100 with you. I've been casually watching Paradigm prices and that seems like a decent deal. I paid ~$175 for my 9se's, which I also love, about a year ago.

Hope that helps,
Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts