AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
If you like the way the chairs look there only 300$. If you want to spend a little more money there are 2 listings for HT chairs in the Chicago land area on craigslist. You can put those in the back row and do bigger chairs in the front if you have the room for them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/fuo/4961544810.html

I can pick up movie theater chairs and I talked him down to $300 but no lower. I feel like these are really valued at $200 but I also know these don't come available for sale in my area very often.

Thoughts?
I picked up 12 high backs for 300$ a few months ago. Love them. Many go go with higher end, but I wanted A). Room for more seats and B). That theater feel. I pulled out a three set of theater recliners that were sleep in comfortable. But I don't regret it a bit. I will have seating for 10 (two rows of 5). If it makes you happy, I say go for it.

image.jpg

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked up 12 high backs for 300$ a few months ago. Love them. Many go go with higher end, but I wanted A). Room for more seats and B). That theater feel. I pulled out a three set of theater recliners that were sleep in comfortable. But I don't regret it a bit. I will have seating for 10 (two rows of 5). If it makes you happy, I say go for it.

View attachment 645009
it's more about the price - at 12 for $300 that's a no brainer.

These are very old and he is selling them as "antiques" which that has no value at all to me.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you like the way the chairs look there only 300$. If you want to spend a little more money there are 2 listings for HT chairs in the Chicago land area on craigslist. You can put those in the back row and do bigger chairs in the front if you have the room for them.
only saw one other listing and it was for a similar (poor) value

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would not pick those seats for your primary seating. I'm jaded and want power reclining theater seating
thanks jeff

honestly my thought process is that these would be in storage most of the time but if I ever wanted to have a "movie party" or a super bowl party, I would pull these out and set them up for added capacity. Or these might be used as a second row.

I'm not thinking power recliners but I'm totally with you on the big comfy chair thing.

I don't think I'm getting these - I've read enough to know that these are overpriced for what I want them for.

Thanks to all for comments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts