AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently bought the Toshiba SBX4250 and a Samsung blu ray e5400 to go with my Panny TC-P50U2 and HD-DVR box.

The blu-ray and the hd-dvr box each have one hdmi slots, the tv has 3 hdmi slots and 1 digital optical, and the sound bar has 2 hdmi in's and 1 out along with 2 digital optical ports.

Any advice on the best way to hook it all up for optimal sound would be much appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
You have two source devices and the soundbar has two HDMI inputs. That's how you connect. Then run an HDMI cable from the soundbar HDMI output to the TV HDMI(ARC) input. Although you won't be using the ARC feature just now, if you add another source device you'll have to connect to the TV and output audio to the soundbar.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I didn't see anything on the spec sheet about your TV having ARC but can you verify that you have an HDMI (ARC) slot on your TV?

To clarify, I am talking about potentially adding sources in the future. For now, Possumgirl told you what you should do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctego  /t/1442478/advice-setting-up-toshiba-sbx4250#post_22645428

I didn't see anything on the spec sheet about your TV having ARC but can you verify that you have an HDMI (ARC) slot on your TV?

To clarify, I am talking about potentially adding sources in the future. For now, Possumgirl told you what you should do.

Yes, I believe it does. I'll double check once I'm home.

And thank you Possumgirl for the know-how, can't wait to get it all set-up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts