AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get a small sub for my bedroom system. All the existing stuff (fronts, cabinet, hardwood floor) is basically medium oak finish, so I'd prefer a sub that matches, although not if it's going to cost me a lot in either $$$ or sound quality.

I also have limited space. I'd like something no larger than 20w x 20d x 24h, but if it has rear-firing drivers or ports I want the front to be no more than 24" from the back wall, including space required for breathing room.

I have a VTF-3 in another room, and am happy with Hsu, but the VTF-2 comes only in black. I'm also considering the upcoming Onix ELT sub, but that won't be in oak either (rosewood or maple, I believe). The only good candidate I know of is the Adire Rava, an 18" cube for $399. It's specs list a range of 27 Hz - 160 Hz. Is this a good choice? Is there something else I should consider that meets my requirements, at a similar price?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Maybe get in on the deal that Sa-dono is trying...Mark said he *might* be able to do a special order of subs in the bird's eye maple...

We will know more when he gets back from China...

Sean

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have considered the Adire for a smaller system myself. It gets very good reviews and is supposed to be tight and musical. The oak finish looks quite nice from the web pictures.

I also am quite interested in the Rocket subs, but if you are in a hurry, you might have Santa bring that Adire before Xmas!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I agree with bburgoyne26 BTW...go for that Adire now if you can't wait!

Sean

·
Registered
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean Parque
Maybe get in on the deal that Sa-dono is trying...Mark said he *might* be able to do a special order of subs in the bird's eye maple...

We will know more when he gets back from China...

Sean
I don't think these subs will fit rttrek's request here:

"[$399] Is there something else I should consider that meets my requirements, at a similar price?" ;) Well unless he decides to do a major overhaul and upgrade to Ref speakers :D

Plus, I mainly just wanted the bird's eye maple on the Reference sub :D We'll just have to wait to see what Mark ends up doing.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I *can* wait. I'm not in a hurry.

Should I even look at any Sunfire subs? Any other brands?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.