AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings ....

Just need some advice as this scenario has never happened to me before.

My cable-tv modem has died, the result of a hard fall off a shelf. I've checked it several times, but the modem is definitely dead. On Monday, I'll take it in to be replaced.

Here's the particulars - I didn't buy it, just rented it from the local company. When I go in Monday just for the purpose of getting a replacement, is it likely that I may be charged something?

Thanx-A-Lot

Frank-0-Video

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank-0-Video /forum/post/18311853

Greetings ....

Just need some advice as this scenario has never happened to me before.

My cable-tv modem has died, the result of a hard fall off a shelf. I've checked it several times, but the modem is definitely dead. On Monday, I'll take it in to be replaced.

Here's the particulars - I didn't buy it, just rented it from the local company. When I go in Monday just for the purpose of getting a replacement, is it likely that I may be charged something?

Thanx-A-Lot

Frank-0-Video

Modems and converter boxes fail all the time and are exchanged regularly. In our household we've had two or three replacement modems (and as many routers) in around nine years. We've also exchanged a number of converter boxes.

If the modem is "dead" just take it to your cable office and they'll give you another one just like it. I'm just joking, they'll give you a working modem at no charge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts