AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advise & Consent

Black & White

OAR 2.35:1

Directed by Otto Premminger

Staring Henry Fonda, Charles Laughton

"Son, this is a Washington, D.C. kind of lie. It's when the other person knows you're lying and also knows you know he knows."

Well done film about Senate investigation into the President's newly nominated Secretary of State, gives light to a secret from the past, which may not only ruin the candidate, but the President's character as well. Filmed on location in Washington DC.

Stellar cast also includes:

Don Murray

Walter Pidgeon

Peter Lawford

Gene Tierney

Franchot Tone

Burgess Meredith

Paul Ford

George Grizzard

Inga Swenson

Will Geer

Thanks to IMBD for the data, who's readers give this film a 7.8 out of 10.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Thanks for pointing this one out Ken. I was looking for something to watch this evening and this is it! Note, this film has Don Murray in a co-starring role. What a great and under-rated actor.....

·
Registered
4,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 /forum/post/14181132

Thanks for pointing this one out Ken. I was looking for something to watch this evening and this is it! Note, this film has Don Murray in a co-starring role. What a great and under-rated actor.....

Great political movie! We're watching it now. It's in 1080i and really fills the screen very well, surprising for an old film.

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
And Betty White as a US Senator. Unfortunately, the book is out of print. It's even better than the movie, as I recall.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I noticed this great movie was not OAR in high definition though. OAR would have been better. The opening credits were OAR and that was much better. I guess being shown in any form is better than not being shown at all. I really enjoyed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts