AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a xmas present for my retired parents and would like to buy a used ReplayTV. Does anyone know if the 3020 has the lifetime subscription included, or do I have to worry about paying for it on top of the cost of the unit?

Thank you.

Erik

·
Registered
427 Posts
Activation was not separated out from the purchase price until the 45xx series, therefore you will not have any additional charges with the 3020.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I recently gave my 3060 to my folks and it works fine at their house. It dials in and gets updates (they don't have broadband) just fine. I also feel it's picture quality at "medium" resolution is better than my 4080 at "medium" resolution thus, you seem to get more "mileage" out of the drive. It doesn't have a fan which is good and bad, good in that it isnt as noisy, bad since it can become overheated easier. All in all, it's a great little unit and I highly reccomend it. :)

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I have an original ReplayTV 2000 that is unhacked and still works great. I also have a hacked SS that has a 120 gig drive in it and it too works great. There are no additional costs once you purchase the unit, so if you can get one on the cheap it is really terrific value.

If you can get the 3020 for a good price, go for it. It would make a great gift!

Best,

Matthew in CO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.