AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!
Thanks for all the ideas of the previous post.
I've been looking for the perfect camera that suits me and I think the Sony PXW X200 would be the perfect choice. The picture quality is great with the three 1/2" Exmor CMOS sensors! I don't know if anyone have had any experience with that camera?

I had another choices like the Canon C100 Mark II . The Canon C100 Mark II has a really good quality but in the types of videos that I record there is a lot movement (events, sports, run&gun..) and I need a quick auto-focus (not only at the center of the picture). Apart from that I am used to the ergonomic of Sony camera., and not the DSLR.
Another options would be the Canon XF200 or the Sony HXR-NX3. I would save money with those cameras, but I think the other cameras are better in low light.

My budget would be around $6000. My computer and equipment is not ready for 4k, so I'm looking better HD quality.
I would like to know what do you think about that or give me some advise.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
If you want agility or fast handling and no 4k the new Sony X200 may be one of the cameras you need. If you want to stay with Sony because of the familiarity of controls you may also want to look at the PXW-160/180 series. Of course they are both triple 1/3" sensors so the low light will not be as good but they have some unique features the X200 doesn't and they have all the codec options the X200 does.

Go over to the dvinfo.net/forum there's a few useful active threads discussing the cameras.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hi everybody!
Thanks for all the ideas of the previous post.
I've been looking for the perfect camera that suits me and I think the Sony PXW X200 would be the perfect choice. The picture quality is great with the three 1/2" Exmor CMOS sensors! I don't know if anyone have had any experience with that camera?

I had another choices like the Canon C100 Mark II . The Canon C100 Mark II has a really good quality but in the types of videos that I record there is a lot movement (events, sports, run&gun..) and I need a quick auto-focus (not only at the center of the picture). Apart from that I am used to the ergonomic of Sony camera., and not the DSLR.
Another options would be the Canon XF200 or the Sony HXR-NX3. I would save money with those cameras, but I think the other cameras are better in low light.

My budget would be around $6000. My computer and equipment is not ready for 4k, so I'm looking better HD quality.
I would like to know what do you think about that or give me some advise.
Thanks!

IMO you will have better options than the C100M2 in a few months. The C100M2 is not a big improvement over the earlier version, but it does incorporate Canon's sensor level autofocus system, which is apparently better than most others.

The camera itself however is a stoploss solution to tide Canon over until they can compete again with other manufacturers. It will probably be rendered obsolete by other Canon cameras in pretty short order IMO.

The XF series are more of a run and gun type cameras, while the Cx00 series are more suited for fixed position shooting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts