AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have built a new dedicated theater but could only afford to run this old projector I bought from my work for $20. It only has composite inputs which I have hooked up to a Toshiba 2700 DVD player. The picture quality is not too bad considering its nearly 20 years old but I'm hoping there might be ways to squeeze a little more sharpness and focus out of it. The color is really pretty good and it does a decent job on reproducing blacks.

It puts out a 4:3 picture and then I matte it off to the aspect ratio that matches the disc I am playing. I would love to have it ISF serviced but I'm not sure if they would be willing to work on such an old projector.

I guess my question is would having it serviced be the best thing or are there add on equipment that would make a difference for me like Doublers, Quads, or video processors.

I am not too knowledgeable about the world of CRT projectors other than this one I have.

Here is a link to a photo from my web site and you can see what I am up against!

http://prosteering.8k.com/images/dolbyl.jpg

Or you can see more pics on my web site linked below!

Wes
www.prosteering.8k.com

·
Registered
5.2.0 Sony VPL-VW95ES, AT Screen, DIY THX-650, B&W 601S2, Fi IB, Integra 3.4, Buckeye 4x, Crest 8200
1,431 Posts
I have a friend who owns a couple of these. Sorry, video only! For less than the price of a big screen rear projection unit you can step up to a midrange used Barco or Sony and then you can use a scaler or HTPC to get a great picture. Keep reading, you'll catch on!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.