Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi AE-100 owners,

I am using an iDVD (SONY D-360, I know it is not a great DVD player but that's what I have for now) connected to VB50 through S-Video, and the VB50 connected to AT-100 through VGA/RGB. My screen size is 77"x43" (DIY screen). When I watch 4:3 material, I get the aspect ratio right. I mean the image fills the hight of the screen and I get grey bars on the sides. But when I watch 16:9 materials (for example Shrek widescreen dvd wich is 1.78:1), the image look horizontally stretched to fill the width of the screen, and the actual ratio of the image that I get on the screen is about 2.26:1!! (The image in this case is 77"x34"). The funny thing is that the starting scene where you select "Play" or "Audio Setup" or "Scene Selection" etc looks perfect -- it fills the whole screen. But as soon as I Play the movie, it only fills the screen horizontally and leaves grey bars at the top and bottom of the image! Shouldn't the movie alos fill the whole screen? Am I doing something wrong? Is it because of the relatively older generation iDVD player that I am using? Please help!

My other settings:

VB50 Resolution set at 852x480.

AE-100 PC Priority set at WIDE.

Thanks.

-- Sagarmathat

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi sagarmatha-

You may need to manually set the output of your DVD player to 16:9. That could certainly account for the the image appearing to be stretched out. I am not familiar with that particular player, but my Apex and Panasonic both have a setting under the service menus.

-Zak

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.