Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a panny ae-100 and my problem is the following:

when i watch region 1 dvd's the picture on my projector jumps when bright pictures is shown. It does'nt do that on region 2 dvd's at all.

I use a pioneer dv-545 dvd player.

From the pioneer i use the rgb scart output.

Then I use a converter that converts RGB scart - YUV Component "3 x RCA".

So I can use the YUV Component input on my AE-100.

I've tried another dvd player "SONY DVP-NS400D" and it worked without jumping.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I suggest a possible problem with the dvd's macro-vision copy guard on R1 disks ? If you could disable it you may know for sure.

But what I'd like to know is more info on you're RGB to component converter I have a set top box that outputs RGB but I need a component feed to my AE300 PM me any info if you could.

Thanks

JDL

·
Registered
159 Posts
" I have a set top box that outputs RGB but I need a component feed to my AE300 "

Is it RGBHV ?? why not feed the panny RGB. If you want RGBHV to component you need an adaptor, not that cheep.

By the way, what set top box?

Cheers

·
Registered
159 Posts
"I have a panny ae-100 and my problem is the following:"

Have you tryed s-video or composite? the panny should be fine with NTSC.

In what way does it jump just once or all the time.

cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
" I suggest a possible problem with the dvd's macro-vision copy guard on R1 disks ? If you could disable it you may know for sure. "

I have disabled macrovision :(

"Have you tryed s-video or composite? the panny should be fine with NTSC."

S-Video and composite works just fine. But It's much lower quality.

"In what way does it jump just once or all the time. "

It jumps when the picture is bright and stop jumping when the picture gets darker.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Oh well, sounds like you only have a problem with the component. Macrovision should be ok with the panny so even if you had it it would be ok. My guess would be (That's only if you tryed everything else, new dvd player, new cables ect. It seems like you projecter has a problem with sync at 60 Hz. Pal is 50 Hz and as you said you have no problems with Reg. 2 movies. Component is very difrent from s-video and composite, when you access the menu>picture, you will see it displayes 525i on reg. 1 and 625i on reg. 2 that you wont see on s-video or composite. THY THIS but be careful. Goto MENU>OPTION>OSD and hold the enter butten on remote for 5 seconds till service menu is displayed. Go down to SELF CHECK and press enter. Just have a look if everything seems ok and there is no erro messages when done just press menu to leave. OTHER. Here is what you could do, have it adjusted by your service center :( as you would go crazy doing it yourself. short note on howto. You need a service disk from Pannasonic with calibration software, that you have to run from your computers serial port to a conecter inside the projecter "special plug aswell" and then you have access to all the nice calibration fetures that the projecter offers. So with that in mind, you could do it yourself and you could hook up the panny to the computer BUT where are you gonna get the service disk???????? I wanted one for myself but couldnt get it. Have it checked at the local service center and it should just fine.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.