AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, now this has been an issue before :)

I've seen lots of people refering to different servicemenus on the Panasonic AE-100, but I still haven't found any explanations on how to get to the servicemenu.

Would be great if anyone of you would tell me the procedure on how the enter the servicemenu?

·
Registered
142 Posts
ala,

to get the service menu go to Menu->options->osd

press the enter button for 4 seconds.

You will get a new menu, the most interesting item is the self check that lets you see the hours, relative hours (takes into account low power setting), and the temps (the temp2-temp1 value should be arround 34, if it is much higher you should increase the speed of the fan, another of the options in this menu. The other interesting option is the last one, it allows you to display test patterns to check your AE, by using the arrows you can switch between patterns (up-down) and colors (left right)

Take a look at the full green screen to check for banding, check the full white to see if the corners are discolored, use the rest of the patterns to check for dead pixels. Some of these problems can be fixed by using the regular menus, try different gamma (normal, dynamic, cinema) modes and calibrate the colors to see if there is any effect. then sit back, relax and watch a movie or four.

kev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.