Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Well there is about 11H (in low lamp mode) on my AE100. I still do not have a progressive scan DVD player or AA transcoder so i have it hooked up via component interlaced. I was waching Dinosaur with my daughter and noticed the picture dimmed for a split second. Any ideas as to what might have caused this? Any one had this before? I tried searching but found nothing.

Fingers crossed,

---neog

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
YES- YES- YES!

Mine does this as well! It occassionally for a split second will flicker- sometimes 2, 3, or 4 times in a row, and then it just seems to stop for a while-

-but-

I have determined this ONLY HAPPENS IN LOW LAMP MODE. If you run the PJ in high mode, it won't happen anymore.

Andrew B.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hmmmm.....

My AE100 just went belly up last week (currently awaiting replacement unit from Japan). However, right before it died, the picture began to flicker...dim, bright, dim, bright, etc...

I was running on low mode, also. Based on the "AE100 Problems" thread and this one, I'm beginning to think there may be an issue w/ the low lamp mode. Until someone gets to the bottom of this, I would HIGHLY recommend running the unit on HIGH.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I highly doubt it has anything to do with setting the PJ in LOW lamp mode, mine has been in LOW lamp mode for 120 hrs and still going...

Also alot of people here are running theirs in LOW lamp modem with no problems.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Did all you guys get your's from Japan?

I'm wondering if it may be some kind of USJapan voltage/power supply thing with the pj in low mode?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I cannot vouch for everyone else- but in my case the flicker is NO DOUBT only present in low lamp mode. This is confirmed by many hours of testing. I make no claims that the flicker I am seeing in low lamp mode is the same flicker that many have seen right before failure. I have run my AE100 nearly 200 hours now, mostly in low lamp mode, and other than the annoying flicker, have had no other problems.

Andrew B.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My 75u (US) also has been known to flicker occasionally. I only run in low power mode. It seems like it only flickers via s-video, or composite, but it has only done it a few times and I have almost 200 hours on it. I thought it was due to a bad connection? But maybe it’s an issue with Panasonic?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
My Hitachi CP-X275W flickered a lot in low-power mode when it was table mounted, but not in high-power mode. For some reason the problem disappeared when I ceiling-mounted it.

Tor Arne

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
I demoed a PT-LC55E hooked up via s-video and it flickered a lot. Funnily enough, the picture was okay to the salesman. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do the people with the flickering problem have the upgraded plug? I do not. So, flickering or no flickering; Grounded plug or not.

Thanks guys.

---neog

·
Registered
88 Posts
I stopped using the grouded plug and have noticed no flickering. Of course I cannot recall flickering with the grounded plug. I bought a Panamax 1000 power filter and figured it would handle any ground problems I might have. FYI I'm using a Panny RP56 via component cables and the pictures works great for me. Plan on using HTPC later when theater is complete. With the exception of screendoor I can't imagine the picture could look much nicer anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.