AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! My ae100 is stuck in customs via usps from Japan. Has this happened to anybody and what the hell are they doing to my projector while it is in their possesion? If it's anything like what police do to cars when they're looking for drugs at the border, I AM SCREWED! This will be my second unit as my first one had a dead pixel. Sending these to Japan is not cheap! Please help with your knowledge. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Means you might simply have to pay a duty...should be under $100. I think other people have gotten "caught" but it is normally with DHL.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Don't panic, EVERY projector has to pass through customs. My Marantz took an entire weekend and most of monday before it was cleared. The exact timing depends on the responsiveness of the customs clearing clerks with your freight carrier.

The duty you have to pay depends on how you told the freight carrier to describe the projector. I had mine labeled as a "computer display moniter" and had no duty at all. There is a duty if yours was labeled as a home theater projector.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.