AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I've just hooked up satellite (Bell Expressvu - no HD) via an IScan Plus V2 and I'm quite happy - certainly watchable (espeically with the help of some of Li Ons settings in a previous post).

The one thing that I can't figure out yet or get rid of is a column a few pixels wide of the right most edge of the 4:3 image (film mode to the iscan) that is like an echo - almost like a bump or a ripple effect but its not on the screen. Actually it's almost like it's sheered a bit - the right most columns are off vertically a bit:

]

[[[]

[[[]

[[[]

[[[]

[[[]

[[[]

[[[

I'll try to get some pictures if no one has any idea what I'm talking about. I still have to try it out with DVDs as well but I thought I'd throw up a quick message and see if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Can you move the image horizontally to the left to rid of this line? On LT150's RGB mode you can move the image around (horizontally and vertically) a tad to rid of overscan lines.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I tried moving it over Huey but it didn't seem to help. The weird thing is that it's not always there either - very hard to figure out. I didn't end up having much time to play with the settings yesterday, hopefully this week I'll figure something out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have the latest version iscan and i see them. i don't think they were there

all along. i have over 300 hrs. on my ae100 and it seems they appeared

over the last 100 hrs. i use the iscan for cable tv only. my rp91 and ota hdtv are fed rgb. i just shift the image over into the black screen border if it starts to annoy me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have another AE100 + Iscan problem.

I just connected the iscan to my ae100, the picture came out green.

I checked the color space selection switch and it was set to RGB already. Any idea why?

Lau

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cheung,

Thanks for the advise.

I just tried using another computer VGA cable, which is working fine on the PC, but still the same.

Lau :

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not to state the obvious but did you switch the colour space selection to whatever it's not at. I honestly don't remember what mines set at but one was all green and one worked fine - I left it on the later :).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Emo,

I saw a similar image artifacs when testing a DirecTV DSS receiver with an iScan v2 and the AE100. This happened in most of the channels that are normally broadcasted at 4:3. When the iScan streches that image to 16:9 format I can see the image artifacs. Move the switch in the front of your iScan all the way down to compressed w/black lines format. The DSS image will be projected in its original 4:3 format and it will not have the extra pixels you are seeing. At least that is how I take care of them on my system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quote:
I just connected the iscan to my ae100, the picture came out green.
I found the reason, there are 2 jumpers inside, syn on green and syn on composite. They were not set up properly. It was a used one, I guess the guy used it before got a pj which need a different setting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.