AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its still early the ae100 being so new, but does anybody know what the replacement lamp costs??

and where is the CHEAPEST source??

:) :) :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks NYChemist for the link. I ordered one also. This seems like a good price compared to R***AV. I will now be able to ramp up my viewing hours knowing I now have a spare!

Paul

·
Registered
21 Posts
Paul

FYI, I just recieved my lamp. $215.00 plus $19.16tax and $15.95 for second day UPS. Total $250.09. I would order one asap, these things go on back order for months at a time.

·
Registered
455 Posts
This is interesting - If you can order the lamp cheaper from the manufacturer than you can from ritz - then I wonder if you can buy the Ae100 Direct from Panny cheaper ?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Why are you guys buying your bulbs so soon? With 5000hrs lamp life I think it'll be a good while before you get to use that bulb. I would have put that $$ towards something I could use right now instead of something I would probably not use for at LEAST 1-2 years from now. Oh well, to each, his own.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Cause 5000 hrs is never guaranteed. It should but does not mean it will. Pop bulb can ruin an HT evening especially with poor warranty from Japan.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi All,

Just being informed that AE100 must be running in high power mode,

since in the low mode, the fan does not blow strong enough.

There was a case that an unit of AE100 damaged after running in low mode for short period in a non aircon room.

Pls. all users suggest whether I should set my AE100 to high power lamp mode.

Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Jeff,

Thanks.

Since that will be differ from default setting, will it has

side effect ?

Any complaint from other users so far?

Just precaution, since I read about some "sudden death"

of this PJ.

Rgds.

·
Registered
148 Posts
TKF,

So far at this point no one can really say as the projector is still fairly new. I've always run mine on low power and normal fan mode and have not had any problems "knocking on wood"... 160+ hours since last March.

I hate to admit it here but I've done some major stupid stuff with the projector being that I bought a Surge Protector/Automatic Voltage regulator last month and have plugged in the projector together with my HTPC and the Panasonic plasma to it... to make the story short I have overloaded the voltage regulator a few times (ok 3 times) while the projector was still on and it basically shuts the power down leaving the projector un-cooled, so far I haven't noticed any problems... THANK GOD!!!

-Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.